This regal Courthouse sits in the center of the Courthouse Square in Macomb, IL, and is the county seat of McDonough County. Built in 1872, it is the third courthouse building to sit on this property. Its foundation and trim were constructed of Sagetown limestone, and its bell tower with clock weighs 15,000 pounds. Restoration efforts were conducted in 1976-77 to the building, and it is still the center of the historic Macomb Courthouse Square in the heart of Macomb, IL.
Photo taken with iPhone 6, July 2016.
Copyright retained by Amber John. No reproduction rights are granted to the buyer. Work may not be reproduced in any form without written consent of Amber John.