The red brick building with the prominent bell tower sits at the northwestern corner of N 4th Street and Columbia. Just a few blocks away from Snake Alley, this building sits squarely withing the boundaries of the Heritage Hill Historic District, as one of its contributing members. Opening its doors in 1898 as the town's public library served Burlington well for one hundred years. In 1998, The Des Moines County Historical Society renovated the building, and the area's history is proudly on exhibition. The building is lit up at night through the Burlington Lightscape Project.
Photo taken with iPhone 6, July 2018.
Copyright retained by Amber John. No reproduction rights are granted to the buyer. Work may not be reproduced in any form without written consent of Amber John.