First United Church of Christ stands at the top of Snake Alley, at the corner of Sixth St and Columbia. This congregation began in 1841 as a Cottage Church of German Speaking Evangelical Christians. The original building was built ten years later, in 1851. The building that stands today was constructed in 1926, and is including in The Snake Alley Historic District, that is encompassed within The Heritage Hill Historic District. The church is lighted at night through the Burlington Lightscape Project.
Photo taken with iPhone 6, July 2018.
Copyright retained by Amber John. No reproduction rights are granted to the buyer. Work may not be reproduced in any form without written consent of Amber John.